WHAT IS CSOS?
Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS) allows for secure electronic transmission of controlled substance orders without the need for the paper DEA Form 222. Each individual purchaser enrolls to receive a Digital Certificate that provides a digital signature. Once enrolled, CSOS subscribers have ordering freedom to complete orders electronically with no line item limit for a single order. Using CSOS will simplify the ordering process; faster transaction, order accuracy, and decreased paperwork.
How do I enroll in CSOS?
To get a digital certification, a DEA registrant must enroll in the CSOS program through the DEA website. Generally, the registrant is the person currently responsible for signing the DEA Form 222.
- Go to https://www.deaecom.gov/applycert.html.
- Enter the online application and follow the prompts.
- Once the online application is submitted, an email containing important information about the Digital Signing Certificate (DSC) will be sent and should be saved for future reference.
- A hardcopy letter will be mailed that contains additional information for completing the registration process. Expect a wait time of 4-6 weeks for the delivery of the email and letter.
- Follow the instructions detailed in the email and letter for downloading the DSC to your computer.
Call BRP customer service at (877) 885-0882.