Point of Care Dispensing enables physicians and clinics to offer patients the option to get their medications directly from the clinic at the time of their visit rather than having to take a separate trip to a pharmacy. With Point-of-Care Dispensing, patients walk out of the clinic with their medications, thereby getting more convenient and hassle-free service from their doctor.
What Are the Benefits?
Point-of-care dispensing offers a multitude of benefits over traditional pharmacies.
PatientConveniencePoint-of-care dispensing increases patient convenience since they do not have to travel and wait for medications at a pharmacy.
PatientComplianceResearch suggests that just 60% of doctor prescriptions are filled when the patient uses a traditional pharmacy. Patient compliance is closer to 100% with Point-of-care dispensing.
PracticeDifferentiationPhysician practices can set themselves apart from other practices and drugstores by offering point-of-care medication.
AdditionalRevenuePoint-of-care dispensing creates an additional revenue stream for the clinic.
ReducedWorkload & TimeBy having medications on-site, practices are able to reduce the number of calls they make and receive from pharmacies.
Start earning more revenue today with physician dispensing.
We work with a variety of different specialties and clinics, including:
Urgent Care Centers
Pain Management Clinics
Weight Loss Clinics
Clinics that provide point-of-care dispensing get reimbursement from:
Workers’ Compensation Insurers
– For clinics with workers’ compensation patients, point-of-care medication dispensing adds great value to the clinic and to the patient
– BRP provides all the information needed to bill and collect within the works’ comp system
– We work with a variety of clinics directly along with management companies
Cash & Carry
– Most offices choose to offer medications on a cash basis, receiving cash reimbursement directly from patients
– No need to bill the insurance companies
– Set either a flat fee or a two-tiered pricing structure
– Average cost of meds are between $5 & $15, allowing practices to charge $10-$20
– Still remain competitive with most insurance co-pays and larger pharmacies
– For those clinics looking to work with insurance plans, we offer assistance in the adjudication process
– Allow patients to use their insurance and PBM plans when purchasing medication prescriptions